My Top 10 Best Children's Books About Dogs
Hello! My name is Apple the Golden Doodle™ and what is best about giving you my all time favorite pictures books about dog because…I am a dog. So, here is my "My Top 10 Best Children's Books About Dogs."
Now, I know what you may be thinking…I am about to take the advice from a dog. Yes! Of Course! How can a human give advice about what a dog likes, you know what I am saying.
ONLY A DOG KNOWS WHAT OTHER DOGS LIKE!
I am just kidding! I have to give you a little dog humor to stay entertained some how.
Okay! Are you ready? Here we go…
Here’s “My Top 10 Best Children’s Books About Dogs."
A sweet and adventurous story of a Goldendoodle named “Apple the Golden Doodle” as she adventures from her brothers and sisters in Georgia to find her new family. Follow her from Georgia all the way to California searching, making new friends, and discovering family, friendship and teamwork along the way.
Clifford: The Big Red Dog
2. Clifford: The Big Red Dog. This is my all time Favorite Book published in 1963 by Norman Bridwell and you can get it on Amazon.
Clifford is 25 feet tall and children’s literature celebrity
dog, with over 70 titles, a television show, a forthcoming movie, and licensed toys out the wazoo. But Clifford’s origin story shows the humble roots of this larger-than-life personality, who started out as the runt of the litter picked out by Emily Elizabeth, and grew into an enormous, beloved best friend.
The 101 Dalmatians
3. Whats not to like about my 3rd choice with a lot of dogs and puppies, “The 101 Dalmatians” by Dodie Smith.Check it out on Amazon today!
A charming adventure story about the kidnapping and rescue of a little of
Dalmatian puppies and their friends of all breeds. The book is full of memorable characters like the Colonel, an English Sheepdog who takes his job very, very seriously. It has some dark themes, so it may be more suitable for older kids (age 8-12).
Fox in Socks
4. Okay, okay, I know a fox is not a dog but this is an adorable book by the ultra famous Dr.Seuss–“Fox in Socks” by Dr. Seuss. Check it out on Amazon today!
In this hilarious book, the irrepressible Fox in Socks teaches a baffled Mr. Knox some of the slickest, quickest tongue-twisters in town.
Scooby: Best Friends Activity Book
5. I think this book or maybe at least this dog needs no introduction: the famous Scooby Doo in this brand new–“Scooby: Best Friends Activity Book” by Golden Books. Check it out on Amazon today!
SCOOB! is the untold origin story of Scooby-Doo in the biggest comedy adventure of the summer! This all-new feature film comes to theaters May 15, 2020. Boys and girls ages 3 to 7 will love this full-color activity book that includes over 50 stickers.
6. What is not interesting and hilarious about a floating dog named–“Floaty” by John Himmelman. Check it out on Amazon today!
Blah! Mr. Raisin is a bit of a grump. He lives all alone in a little house, and he likes it that way just fine. One day, a mysterious basket appears on Mr. Raisin’s doorstep. When he opens it up, it seems there’s nothing inside . . . until he notices a floating dog bobbing along his ceiling. What follows is a heartwarming, hilarious tale about embracing the unexpected—and finding friendship that takes you to new heights.
Otis and Charley Play to Win
7. This lovable book teaches two lovable bulldogs about winning and losing–“Otis and Charley Play to Win” by Andy Frisella. Check it out on Amazon today!
The lovable bulldogs meet some new friends and play some fun games. But not everyone likes a competition. See Charley and Otis learn about winning and losing with their new friends, Louis, Ellie, and Snowflake. It’s a fun time, but not everyone can get a trophy!
The Poky Little Puppy
8. THIS is a Golden Nugget old time story of a curious puppy–“The Poky Little Puppy” by Janette Sebring Lowrey. Check it out on Amazon today!
The Poky Little Puppy was one of the original twelve Little Golden Books published in 1942, and went on to become the bestselling picture book of all time. The story of a curious puppy, who digs holes under fences and who has to go to bed without any strawberry shortcake, has delighted families for generations. it is, quite simply, an icon. Delightful to read aloud, The Poky Little Puppy is a cherished story that every child should know.
9. With this one: What’s not to like about Ice-cream and Dinosaurs–“Groovy Joe” by Eric Litwin. Check it out on Amazon today!
Groovy Joe was living the dream. He had a spoon and tub of doggy ice cream. And he started to sing: Love my doggy ice cream!
10. Good ol’ Ribsy’s ever-curious mind has always gotten him into trouble, but this time he may have gone too far. After a comical turn of events, Ribsy finds himself in the wrong station wagon with the wrong children.–“Ribsy” by Beverly Cleary. Check it out on Amazon today!
Newbery Medal-winning author Beverly Cleary gives Henry’s dog, Ribsy, center stage in this dog’s eye view of the adventure of a lifetime. This classic story about a dog and his boy is as fresh and funny as ever!
That’s it my friends!
What do you think of my selection of children’s books?
You can find out more about me:
Meet & Greet with Apple the Golden Doodle